Happy Kids, Inc: Product Review: Scandaleyes Retro Glam By Rimmel London
Saturday, November 16, 2013

Product Review: Scandaleyes Retro Glam By Rimmel London

I've been a member of Influenster for about a year and enjoy receiving products to sample and review.  My most recent arrival was the Rose Vox Box.  Included in the products were Rimmel London's new mascara, Scandaleyes Retro Glam.  

It was perfect timing.  My daughter is part of a dance performance company and she regularly does performances that require stage make-up.  She is only 9 and up to this point, had always just borrowed from me when she needed mascara.  No sooner did I say, "We should get you your own mascara..." that my Rose Vox Box arrived!  Perfect timing.  

The formulation of Retro Glam is thick, but smooth and not gloppy or sticky at all.  I was a little surprised at how large the applicator brush was, but it turned out to actually make the application process easier.  It went on VERY smoothly, with no clumping whatsoever.  My daughter is very fidgety when I apply mascara on her, but as you can see from the photograph above, it still went on very evenly.

My daughter reported no irritation when she wore the mascara.  After her performance that day (about 3 hours after applying the mascara), there was some slight smudging underneath her eyes.  But I didn't specifically ask her if she was rubbing her eyes.  I also did not dust her face with loose powder and to me, this is a must do with any heavy make-up application.

I generally lean toward brands that are not tested on animals and have natural ingredients.  Their website stated they were against animal testing.  It was unclear what the ingredients were in the mascara.

Overall, I do recommend this product.  Their website is fun and flashy and has a good representation of all their products.  

If you like what you're reading, I invite you to follow my blog.  Cheers!
 photo facebooksoft_zps2ca46363.png photo instagramsoft_zps234eaf53.png photo twittersoft_zps7e0a4b92.png photo emailsoft_zps2931cb4a.png photo pininterestsoft_zps05cdae05.png photo googleplus_zps1619805c.png photo tumblrsoft_zpsd813c422.png photo rsssoft_zpsaf899a58.png

1 comments:

  1. Rimmel is always my favorite for mascara! I can't wait to give this one a try :)
    canvas-of-a-face.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips