Happy Kids, Inc: Easy, Eco-Friendly Fruit Fly Trap
Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Easy, Eco-Friendly Fruit Fly Trap

Bugs really bug me! It seems this summer, we've been battling a lot of pests in our home:  flies, pantry moths, wasps, spiders, and the pesky fruit flies.  A lot of glasses of wine have been ruined due to these pests.  Well, enough is enough!  Here is a quick, easy, effective way to get rid of these bugs without chemicals.

In a shallow dish, mix a few drops of dish soap with apple cider vinegar.  Place near the source of the problem.  I put mine right next to our fruit bowl.  The next morning, I had easily collected 10-15 fruit flies (they sink, so be sure to lift the dish and check the bottom of your bowl).  
The potent smell of the vinegar will fade after 24 hours, so you will need to make a new solution daily.  I also recommend moving the dish around your kitchen or other rooms.  I kept it in one spot for 3-4 hours, then switched to the other end of the kitchen.  I even put it in my family room (which is right off our kitchen) for a bit, then moved it back into the kitchen.  

Be dedicated with your "attack". The first day, you should get lots of fleas, the next day you might not, and then you will in the next few days.  I suggest placing fresh solution out for 3-5 days.  Then, stop and see if the problem is resolved.  Repeat if necessary.


If you like what you're reading, I invite you to follow my blog.  Cheers!
 photo facebooksoft_zps2ca46363.png photo instagramsoft_zps234eaf53.png photo twittersoft_zps7e0a4b92.png photo emailsoft_zps2931cb4a.png photo pininterestsoft_zps05cdae05.png photo googleplus_zps1619805c.png photo tumblrsoft_zpsd813c422.png photo rsssoft_zpsaf899a58.png

1 comments:

  1. Hi there!
    I really do hate having pesky little bugs in my home. I used to use the store bought cans of bug spray as it was so convenient. I have not bought any in almost a year. Now I am trying all kinds of natural homemade alternatives. Thank you for sharing this! I have not tried this combination.
    Stopping by from the "Bloglovin Hop". Thank you for hosting.
    Now following you on Bloglovin, G+, and Twitter.
    Have a great week:)
    Bismah @
    Simple Mama

    ReplyDelete

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips