Happy Kids, Inc: Fun Recipe Friday: Linguine al Limone
Friday, January 4, 2013

Fun Recipe Friday: Linguine al Limone

In general, my kids L-O-V-E pasta.  But we're talking real pasta dishes, not mac and cheese out of a box.  One of their favorite recipes is this one, Linguine al Limone (or as they like to call it:  "Lemon Pasta").  It's very easy to make, is fairly lowfat as far as pastas go, and can easily be made dairy free if necessary.  


Ingredients:

1 standard package of linguine
1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tsp. granulated garlic
1/2 tsp. sea salt
2 tbl basil
1 tsp. parsley
1/2 tsp. dry mustard
1/2 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4-1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese

Boil pasta according to box directions.  In a small bowl or cup, combine lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, sea salt, basil, parsley, and dry mustard.  Whisk for 2-3 minutes, until mixture begins to thicken.  

Once pasta cooks, drain and return to the pot you boiled the pasta in.  Add lemon juice mixture and toss well.  Then, toss with mozzarella cheese.  Finally, toss in the parmesan.  Serve immediately.  Stores well for leftovers.
To cut down on the fat, omit mozzarella and just toss with parmesan cheese.  To make dairy free (I do this for my daughter), omit all cheese or sub a good dairy-free mozzarella style cheese, like Daiya.

**Note:  it is very important to use linguine for this recipe.  Due to the nature of the sauce and flavor profile, it turns out best with this pasta; I have tried to sub spaghetti and fettuccine, and for some reason, it just doesn't taste the same!


7 comments:

  1. Yummmmmmm! That sounds so amazingly carbilicious!
    nancy-of the crazy 9

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds Yummy!
    I found you on the blog hop and I am your newest follower. I hope you get the chance to pop over to my blog and check it out: BWG2SM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got it! And thanks for stopping by.

      If you like blog hops and Pinterest, be sure to link up on our Pinterest blog hop, going on now!

      Delete
  3. This looks incredible and pretty easy too. Thanks for the tip on saving fat with the parmesan. Thank you for sharing. Dropping by from the Our Everyday Harvest Harvest of Friends Hop and am a new follower. I hope that you can drop by and say hello.

    http://heresmytakeonit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower giving you a follow back! Pinned this yumminess to Pinterest... can't wait to make it for the family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum Yum! I, like your children, LOVE pasta! I've all but had to cut it out of my diet due to insulin issues I've been having. But, for a special treat, I love it!

    I'm following you back from Being at Home by Nature! Can't wait to see what you have next!

    Mary Beth Chappelow
    www.beingathomebynature.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds delicious. Hubby and I are trying to build a meal plan and this might just have to make a meatless monday for a week, or two :)

    ReplyDelete

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips