Happy Kids, Inc: Fun Recipe Friday: Sangrita!
Friday, September 6, 2013

Fun Recipe Friday: Sangrita!

Say hello to a fun twist on a yummy traditional sangria.  I didn't think I was a fan of red wine sangria....the idea of red wine being chilled was strange.  But I recently had some in a restaurant that not only was a red wine sangria, but it had tequila!  I have made other sangrias before, so with that knowledge, I created what turned out to be a delicious drink that didn't have an overwhelming tequila taste.

(makes 3.8 liters/134 ounces)
1/2 bottle tequila (half of a 750ml bottle)
1.5 liter bottle of red wine (I like to use red zinfandel)
1 liter (or more) Lemon/lime or citrus flavored soda
1 liter sparkling blood orange soda (Trader Joe's carries it)
2 cups peach schnapps
1 white peach, cut into chunks
1 lemon, cut into slices
1 valencia orange, cut into slices
1 lime, cut into slices
6-8 strawberries, cut in half
Handful of fresh raspberries

Pour all ingredients except the lemon/lime soda into a large pitcher, bowl or beverage dispenser (preferred method if you have one).  Add all sliced fruit. Mix well.  Then top off with the lemon/lime soda until you reach the top of your container.  My container is 134 ounces, so I knew when to stop.  Start by adding a liter and test taste.  If the tequila taste is too strong, add a little more lemon lime soda.  Serve over ice with fresh fruit added.

If you like what you're reading, I invite you to follow my blog.  Cheers!
 photo facebooksoft_zps2ca46363.png photo instagramsoft_zps234eaf53.png photo twittersoft_zps7e0a4b92.png photo emailsoft_zps2931cb4a.png photo pininterestsoft_zps05cdae05.png photo googleplus_zps1619805c.png photo tumblrsoft_zpsd813c422.png photo rsssoft_zpsaf899a58.png

7 comments:

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips