Happy Kids, Inc: Mama Needs An Cutie Martini
Friday, February 22, 2013

Mama Needs An Cutie Martini

Oh, how I love the Oscars....while sipping a good martini!  Today I offer up two cocktails to enjoy on Oscar Sunday.  Both involve the use of Cuties, those super sweet mandarin oranges that are a mainstay right now in my house.  My kids love them!  Well, they work great in cocktails, too!  A word of caution:  cuties are much more concentrated and potent than regular oranges, so in the recipes below, follow the measurements.  If you end up wanting it a little more "orange infusion", you can always add more at the end.

Cutie Champagne Cocktail

3-4 cuties, juice squeezed in a juicer (chilled in the fridge before you juice them)
1/2 ounce cointreau (preferred) or campari
Your favorite champagne (chilled)

In a champagne glass, add the cointreau and then fill with champagne until it's about 2/3 full.    Finally, top off with the cutie juice.  Garnish with raspberries or a strawberry.  Enjoy!



Cutie Martini

3-4 cuties, juice squeezed in a juicer (chilled in the fridge before you juice them)
2 ounces mandarin vodka (I like Absolut Mandarin)
1/2 ounce cointreau or campari
Ice

In a cocktail shaker, add ice and all ingredients.  Shake well.  Serve in a chilled martini glass.  Garnish with a strawberry, if desired.  Enjoy!




If you like what you're reading, I invite you to follow my blog.  Cheers!


6 comments:

  1. For me it has to be champagne everytime!

    Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy the Oscars - cocktail in hand of course.

    Kate x
    http://www.kateathome.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are adorable, AND you make cocktails?!?!!? Why have I now just found you!! LOL!! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and your sweet comments! Happy to follow back! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Meg! I'm hosting a blog hop and would like to invite you to link up. Thanks! Have a great weekend! :)

    Anne
    http://www.iamannekehn.blogspot.com/2013/02/fun-friday-blog-hop-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. The martini looks yummy! Following via GFC from the Thumping Thurs. hop. Would love it if you could visit and follow back. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, these look so good. I love Cuties.

    Thank you for the follow. I'm following via GFC and Instagram. Have a great weekend!

    This Southern Girl's Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome! pinning this to my CHEERS board ;) I love a good drink!

    ReplyDelete

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips