Happy Kids, Inc: The MOST Amazing Egg Salad Sandwich
Friday, January 18, 2013

The MOST Amazing Egg Salad Sandwich

I am picky about my egg salad.  I have tried a lot of versions made by myself, restaurants, and friends.  So many times, it seems like there is one ingredient that is missing, that one key taste that is keeping it from being amazing.  Well, I think I have perfected a great, even flavored egg salad that works equally in a sandwich or tossed in as salad.  

So first, we need to go over how to prepare the perfect hard-boiled egg.  This is how I have found to be the perfect method:

1.  Place your desired number of eggs in a small stock pan.
2.  Gently fill with cold water until it just covers the eggs.  
3.  Bring to a boil, then turn to medium and gently boil for 5 minutes.
4.  Turn off heat, cover, and let sit for 5 minutes.
5.  Transfer pot to sink and start rinsing with cold water.  Once water in pot is cool, add 4 cups of ice.  Let sit for 5-7 minutes.  
6.  Run cold water gently and peel the eggs under the running water.

In a medium bowl, combine the following ingredients (this is based on using 4 hard boiled eggs):

2 tbl. mayonnaise of your choice (if you like it creamier, feel free to add more at the end if needed)
1 tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. sea salt
2 tsp. dry basil
1 tsp. parsley
1 tsp. granulated garlic
1 tsp. dried onion
1 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1 celery stalk, ends trimmed, finely diced
1/4 avocado, ripe, mashed

Chill for 1 hour.  Best on sour dough, multi-grain, or other whole grain bread.  I like to spread a little pesto on the bread and add a slice of tomato and some romaine lettuce.  Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. This looks amazing - it might even persuade my children to eat eggs!....

    Kate x
    http://www.kateathome.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness this sounds yummy! Thanks for visiting me at Chevron Stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds super dooper yummy and the photography is lovely as well! ^_^

    Amby xoxo

    http://www.AmbyFelix.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good egg salad sandwich! This sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips