Happy Kids, Inc: Fun Recipe Friday: Fluffy Homemade Rolls
Friday, March 1, 2013

Fun Recipe Friday: Fluffy Homemade Rolls

I am happy to introduce another guest blogger to our Fun Recipe Friday series.  Please say hello to Ann and check out her amazing, melt-in-your-mouth Homemade Rolls below!

****************************************************

Hi everyone! My name is Ann and I blog over at Frugal Foodie in WV. I started my blog a couple of years back after staying home with my two boys since my oldest was born. I realized after a couple of years of cooking and trying new recipes from magazine and cookbooks that some recipes work great and others don't live up to expectations. So I started my blog in order to share my triumphs and failures at various magazine and cookbook recipes.  I love discussing cooking, baking, and pretty much anything related to food! I believe cooking from scratch is important and I cook and bake as many things as I can. I am excited to be guest posting today and have a great recipe for homemade rolls to share! 

Growing-up cooking was a major part of my childhood. My mother was the oldest of 12 children and there was something always being made in our kitchen. I learned my love of food from my mother and some of my favorite memories are of spending time with my mother cooking and baking. When I moved 2500 miles away from home I was faced with learning a whole new way of cooking and I started to panic. Luckily I quickly met my husband and his mother. My mother-in-law is a great home cook and has taught me many things over the years. One of my favorite recipes that she has shared with me is for homemade rolls. I thought it would be a great recipe to share with all of you, so here it is.

Fluffy Homemade Rolls
  • 1 package (2 1/4 tsps.) yeast + 1/4 c. water
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup oil
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 cup water
  • 3 - 3 1/2 cups flour

Sprinkle yeast in water and let sit 5-8 minutes. Measure sugar, salt, oil, and water in bowl. Add yeast mixture and 2 cups flour and beat. Add more flour until dough is no longer sticky. Knead flour to make soft elastic dough 5-8 minutes. Place in greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise in bowl and punch down. Pan rolls in greased pan. Let rise for 1 hour until double. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.

That's it, easy and delicious!

If you like what you're reading, I invite you to follow my blog.  Cheers!


10 comments:

  1. Thanks for allowing me to guest post :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome and thanks again for writing. I love having guest bloggers for recipes and it appears your rolls are a hit!

      Delete
  2. Surprisingly easy and now I'm craving them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was craving them from the moment I saw the picture....so yummy!

      Delete
  3. These look so delicious! Nothing better than homemade rolls :) I'm pinning this for later in the weekend hopefully!
    Tammy
    ourneckofthewoods.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I can't stop looking at this picture, they look so delicious. ;)

      Delete
  4. Wow! Her mom was the oldest of 12. I have 4 kids and they keep me busy enough, so I can't even imagine 12! I like fluffy rolls. These look great.
    ~Kim
    http://2justByou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither! 3 plus a business and blogging are good for me!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing this great recipe! I'm planning on doing some more baking in the future and I'll definitely try this one. We LOVE bread!

    Found your fun blog on the weekend blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am preparing these for tonight's dinner with some slight variations......whole wheat pastry flour, coconut oil, less sugar, and some almond meal when I kneaded the dough. They look great!

    ReplyDelete

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips