Happy Kids, Inc: The Playground: Celebrating Lasts
Tuesday, August 25, 2015

The Playground: Celebrating Lasts

By Meg Hodson

We celebrate a lot of firsts in life, as we should. The first time your kids walk, your first big job, the first time you tried something new. It's not quite as common as celebrating lasts. In fact, I don't think people in general recognize lasts too often. But I find myself doing this more with young children.

My youngest is 6 years old, so I find myself nudging him ever so gently to still enjoy things that will soon fade away. We were recently at the county fair and all three of my children are tall enough (and game enough!) to ride all the "big rides". I was still able to talk my youngest into riding some of the kiddie rides and his older brother joined in on the fun, too. 

I paused and had similar thoughts when I was at the playground recently with the kids. They all still enjoy a good playground trip, but I know the day is coming when merry-go-rounds and monkey bars will be a fleeting memory. It will be a "last". 

And I look forward to those "firsts" to quickly follow. 





If you like what you're reading, I invite you to follow my blog.  Cheers!
 photo facebooksoft_zps2ca46363.png photo instagramsoft_zps234eaf53.png photo twittersoft_zps7e0a4b92.png photo emailsoft_zps2931cb4a.png photo pininterestsoft_zps05cdae05.png photo googleplus_zps1619805c.png photo tumblrsoft_zpsd813c422.png photo rsssoft_zpsaf899a58.png
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips