Happy Kids, Inc: Fun Recipe Friday: Sweet Treat Bites
Friday, January 25, 2013

Fun Recipe Friday: Sweet Treat Bites

We're happy to introduce a guest blogger for today's Fun Recipe Friday.  Meet Rochelle from Wheatless Rochelle. She's a lifelong vegetarian (and so are her kids!). She started eating gluten free on August 14, 2012.  She loves to experiment in the kitchen, modify recipes she finds, and aims to create meals for her husband and kids that are delicious, healthy, and affordable.
********************************************************************************************
Hey there! I'm Rochelle, from Wheatless Rochelle. I'm so excited to be able to share this guest post here. I thought I'd bring over a recipe my kids love. This is a delicious treat that is healthy and super easy to make. They will be devoured before you know it!

Sweet Treat Bites
(Adapted from a recipe by Edible Perspective)
Makes about 12 balls

3/4 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
10 Medjool dates, pitted
3 Tbsp. unsweetened shredded coconut
2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
2 Tbsp. plain almond milk
1 Tbsp. chia seed
1 Tbsp. coconut oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract


Using your food processor, Vitamix blender, or similar device (I used my Vitamix), process the almonds and sunflower seeds together, until crumbly. You don't want dust but you don't want big chunks, either. Empty into a bowl and set aside. Process the dates until sticky and nearly smooth. Add the nuts back in and add the rest of the ingredients in, too. Pulse until mixed together. Don't over process it because you don't want a paste! If it's too sticky, add more coconut. If it's too dry, add more almond milk. Form it into small balls and cover with plastic wrap. Store in the fridge.

See, wasn't that easy? To change it up a little, you could use walnuts instead of sunflower seeds. Try flax or hemp seed instead of chia, if that's more your thing. I hope you enjoy these as much as my family does!

If you like what you're reading, I invite you to follow my blog.  Cheers!


8 comments:

  1. Thanks for asking me to share this post! I had a lot of fun with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you on the blog hop and am your newest follower. I was kinda sorta hopin' that you'd hop on by my blog and follow back!

    Have a great night!
    Sarah
    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi thanks for your comments on my blog I will try this out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I'm Thumping Thursday blog hop. Im your new follower.
    htpp://becreativemommy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds yummy and healthy! I’m a new follower of your blog from the Monday Mingle Blog Hop! Would love if you could stop by mine. Thanks :0)

    The Three Whiskateers
    http://thethreewhiskateers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great recipe and I'm definitely checking out your egg salad one next as I love it!

    Red Soles and Red Wine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds yummy! Always looking for new recipes!

    ReplyDelete

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips