Happy Kids, Inc: A (Sort Of) Review of the Golden Globes Awards
Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A (Sort Of) Review of the Golden Globes Awards

This past Monday, I quickly put up an article following the 2013 Golden Globe on the hits and misses on the red carpet. I promised a follow-up on the awards given to t.v. and movies that night as well.  


Well, here it is (sort of). I honestly love the movies and t.v.  But unfortunately, I just don't have time for them with a small business, a husband, and three young children.  I wish I did, I really do.  I wish I could run away to the movies every weekend.  I wish I had lazy afternoons to catch up on every show I TiVo, as well as mindless afternoon talk shows.  But it's just not practical, as much as I want it to be.


My husband and I have a short laundry list of our must watch shows:  Modern Family, Suits, Burn Notice, White Collar, Law & Order: SVU, Grey's Anatomy.  I think the only show I recognized as having actors or any other nominations in the Golden Globes was Modern Family.  Otherwise, I felt SOOO out of the loop.  What's "Girls"? (can't afford HBO anymore). Downton Abbey, yep it's all the buzz, but haven't watched it yet.  Don't get me wrong, I still recognized a lot of people and kept up with the show, but I wasn't as in tune with the programs as I could have been.  So, I don't feel I could weigh in too much.  I will say the balance between cable and "standard" television shows has swayed so much that you have to have satellite or cable or you are out of the loop for sure.
Now, the movies.  Yep, hadn't seen one that was nominated.  No, take that back.  I saw "Brave" with my kids and it won best animated movie.  So, my only feedback is "where was Brad Pitt?" And Hugh Jackman was cute and great.

So, hopefully I will catch up on a few movies by the time Oscar rolls around.  Here's hoping.....fingers crossed.


2 comments:

  1. I don't have time to watch all the shows I'd like to either. But, I still love watching the awards shows as well. It seems as though no one I was rooting for won. :(

    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, new follower here and I’d like to invite you to join me at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop: http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2013/01/clever-chicks-blog-hop-17-and-secret.html



    I hope you can make it!

    Cheers,

    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick



    ReplyDelete

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips