Happy Kids, Inc: New Year's Eve Ideas For Kids
Sunday, December 30, 2012

New Year's Eve Ideas For Kids

I'm still trying to find a babysitter for our kids for New Year's Eve.  We've been invited to a party!  Wahoo! Well, it's been awhile since I've had to cover New Year's Eve and I forgot how booked babysitters get.  Hopefully I will figure something out.  But just in case, I've compiled a list of some fun ideas for the young ones on New Year's Eve.

1.  Cut-Out Cookies.  Much like you do sugar cookies in the shapes of trees and angels for Christmas, find some cut-outs suitable for a New Year's theme:  stars, balloons, numbers to make the year 2013, etc.

2.  Treasure Hunt.  I suggested this idea in my recent article when you have kids at a Christmas party with adults attending.  Kids love treasure hunts!  Make the clues to each additional clue rhyme and thematic.  For example, "To get you ready for 2013, look for this clue in things that clean."

3.  Top of the Hour Goodie Bags.  I just saw this idea on Pinterest and thought it was brilliant.  It's so hard keeping kids engaged and trying to keep them up until midnight.  Make it fun with hourly goody bags.

Countdown Bags  New Years Eve Fun www.247moms.com #247moms

4.  Balloon Countdown.  Similar to the goody bag countdown, mark balloons with the hours leading up to midnight and pop them.

New Year's Eve Countdown.  Kids pop a balloon every hour.  Each balloon is filled with a different activity to do.  Gives 12 different activity ideas.

5.  Game Night.  Round up all your favorite board games (Sorry, Chutes and Ladders, Monopoly) and have a marathon game night.  In the past, this has been the most enjoyable part for my kiddos.

MONOPOLY « Game Searches

6.  Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve.  Ryan Seacrest is carrying on the tradition and it is usually kid friendly.  My 8 year old daughter is particularly looking forward to it.

Have a safe and fun new year!
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips