Happy Kids, Inc: Creamy Lemon Yogurt French Toast
Friday, November 21, 2014

Creamy Lemon Yogurt French Toast

By Meg Hodson

French toast is just not one of those breakfast items that I fix very often. Eggs, yes. Pancakes, that's a no-brainer. I think the mood struck me this weekend to fix French toast because I had some delicious sour dough bread on hand and I thought it would make good French toast.  

Since I routinely tweak and create recipes, this French toast escapade would be no different. Hmm, what to do, what to do? One thing that doesn't make French toast one of my favorites breakfasts is that it always seems dry to me. So, I decided to play around with yogurt as an additive to the toast, as well as a little lemon juice. 

The results were kid-tested and approved by me as well. This French toast is moist without being soggy and the lemon juice adds just the perfect amount of tartness to the sweetness of the toast. I hope you enjoy it!

Serves 3-4

Ingredients:
Sour dough bread
3 eggs
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
3-4 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk or whole milk

In a wide rimmed bowl, crack 3 eggs and whisk gently. Add the yogurt and whisk until completely incorporated. Add just enough milk so that it is creamy, but not runny. Finally, add the lemon juice, nutmeg, cinnamon, and vanilla and blend well.  

Soak both side of the sourdough bread with the mixture. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side over medium heat in a lightly oiled skillet. Serve with butter and maple syrup. Enjoy!







If you like what you're reading, I invite you to follow my blog.  Cheers!
 photo facebooksoft_zps2ca46363.png photo instagramsoft_zps234eaf53.png photo twittersoft_zps7e0a4b92.png photo emailsoft_zps2931cb4a.png photo pininterestsoft_zps05cdae05.png photo googleplus_zps1619805c.png photo tumblrsoft_zpsd813c422.png photo rsssoft_zpsaf899a58.png
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips