Happy Kids, Inc: Product Review: Burgers' Smokehouse Meats
Sunday, January 5, 2014

Product Review: Burgers' Smokehouse Meats

Guest Blog Post By Brian Hodson

Who wouldn’t love a box of meat to show up on their doorstep?  Well, I would and we did!  We had a small selection of Burgers’Smokehouse products delivered to us to try out.  I could not have been happier!  But I digress.

Again, I started by asking the question – Who wouldn’t love a box of meats showing up on their doorstep?  A vegetarian would not love this. See, my lovely wife and blogging/product reviewer was sent a delicious selection of bacon and pork ribs from Burgers’ Smokehouse.  I felt that in good conscience she couldn’t possibly write a review on product that she didn’t/couldn’t/wouldn’t eat.  Her loss and my gain!

The bacons that were delivered to us were their Original Country, Pepper Coated, and Applewood Smoked.  All were very good!  The Original Country was served up with breakfast – scrambled Eggs, toast and 3 pieces of Original Country (that was all that was left because my children found the package before I did). 
Burger's Smokehouse Sample Box

I like bacon – crispy, grilled, on a burger, and on my Thanksgiving turkey as it cooks.  This I did not cook too crispy.  I cooked it until it had a nice dark color and it started to brown around the fatty edges.  There was so much flavor and it was so good with my eggs.

The Applewood Smoked Country Bacon was just as good - sweet and well balanced flavors.  We also ate this one with breakfast and…with Mac-N-Cheese. We used as a garnish crumbled on top of the Mac-N-Cheese (again, my wife is a Vegetarian). It added a nice complement to the dish.

For the Pepper Coated Original Country Bacon, we once again had it for breakfast (thank you for encouraging me to eat more breakfast).  Again, also very flavorful bacon.  I would have preferred it to have more pepper flavor.

The rib selections that were sent included their Signature Sauced Baby Back Pork Ribs and Dry Rub Baby Back Pork Ribs.  The ribs come pre-cooked and vacuum sealed.  The directions are super easy!  So easy, in fact, a Vegetarian could do this.

We cooked off the slab of the Dry Rub ones as an appetizer, with our Friday night pizza and movie night.  We heated them up following the conventional oven method.  Again, very easy.  These came out so tender and flavorful.  The meat was falling off the bone.  These were top notch ribs.  The rub was a very good mix of spices.  My children (9,7, and 5) left nothing behind on the ribs I gave them.  I made the mistake of putting some sauce on a couple of them.  Don’t do it.  These were meant for no sauce.

On New Years Day, we cooked off the Signature Sauced ribs.  This time I went outdoors.  Pulled the cover off the grill and fired up the BBQ.  Again, pre-cooked, sauced, and vacuum sealed.  I followed the “so easy a Vegetarian could do this” directions and in a half hour, we were serving up some very tasty ribs.  Again, the meat was fall-off-the-bone delicious.  The sauce was perfect and not too much of it, a perfect amount. 
A really good friend of mine who is a major BBQ and beer fan (and repairs Traeger Grills for fun), made a great point about BBQ ribs – “....if there is too much sauce on your BBQ ribs, they're trying to hide poor quality meat”.  Burgers’ Smokehouse is not hiding a thing. 

I look forward to my next box of non-Vegetarian friendly meats from Burgers’ Smokehouse.


If you like what you're reading, I invite you to follow my blog.  Cheers!
 photo facebooksoft_zps2ca46363.png photo instagramsoft_zps234eaf53.png photo twittersoft_zps7e0a4b92.png photo emailsoft_zps2931cb4a.png photo pininterestsoft_zps05cdae05.png photo googleplus_zps1619805c.png photo tumblrsoft_zpsd813c422.png photo rsssoft_zpsaf899a58.png

4 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Goodness. Let's just say... I'm jealous over all this bacon and ribs! Yum!

    www.jaimelovesstuff.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty much awesome when that package arrived!

      Delete

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips