Happy Kids, Inc: The Adventure Continues: A Visit To #FOXFanFront
Friday, May 16, 2014

The Adventure Continues: A Visit To #FOXFanFront

By Meg Hodson

Life can get crazy sometimes....well, a lot of the time it seems lately for me.  As a Mom, small business owner, and blogger, you are never sure what the next door will be that opens.  It can be exciting, nerve wrecking, stressful, and joyful all at the same time.

Some of you have been following my American Idol journey.  And no, not my singing journey!  This post finds me at the Las Vegas airport (not my hometown) as I cut a trip with my husband a little short to attend the #FoxFanFront event in New York City.  My husband was actually the one who urged me to go.  As one of the #IdolTweethearts, I have been working with American Idol by attending some fun events to provide social media coverage from a fan's perspective. 

#IdolTweethearts Attend #FOXfanfront

But it gives me a moment to pause and reflect as I wait to board.  My first thoughts when a crazy, hectic schedule is upon me are toward my family.  Is my husband okay with this? What are the kids thinking?  Am I okay with this?  While my kids certainly don't like me being away from them for any length of time, they are beginning to understand the commitments their parents make to a job or opportunity. And it sure makes for a great homecoming.

#IdolTweethearts Attend #FOXfanfront
Photo c/o Elizabeth Traub
#IdolTweethearts Attend #FOXfanfront

I also believe in the adage "go with your gut".  What a great barometer it is!  As I continue to nurture my writing career and social media influence, how can I pass up an opportunity to be in New York City for Fox?  It's not only an affirmation of my skills, but it's also great validation. Sometimes, as a parent, I have to make tough decisions for myself and my family. In fact, I think this is a daily occurrence.

So I board this plane with confidence, excitement, and only a few nerves.  Can't wait to see what unfurls in New York City in 24 hours!

**Check out the #IdolTweethearts photo album from the event here.

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips