Happy Kids, Inc: Starting The Day Right With Honey Bunches of Oats Breakfast Biscuits
Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Starting The Day Right With Honey Bunches of Oats Breakfast Biscuits

By Meg Hodson

Disclosure: I received complimentary samples and compensation for my post. But trust me, if food tastes crappy, I won't lie about it.

It was another typical morning as I whirled around the kitchen, getting the day started on a weekday with three grade school age children and my husband. I was making my coffee and loading up the counter fairly high with lunch box fixings as well as breakfast items. 

Trust me, on those extra hectic mornings, it's nice to have an option that makes life just a little easier. So, on this particular morning, I welcomed the chance to try the new Honey Bunches of Oats Breakfast Biscuits. Yep, the same great, family-pleasing cereal has come out with a breakfast bar made from 100% whole grain. Kids definitely need a good boost of energy to carry them through the morning until lunchtime at school.  And let's face it, so do parents!

Honey Bunches of Oats Breakfast Biscuits

My family won't just eat any cereal; they are fairly particular about taste and texture. I am also picky about additives and excessive sugar in cereals. The Honey Bunches of Oats Breakfast Biscuits come in three flavors: Honey Roasted, Strawberry, and Dark Chocolate. One serving is packed with 4 grams of fiber, 5 grams of protein, and more than half of the daily recommended serving of whole grain. It's a win-win on paper.....but what about the taste?

Honey Bunches of Oats Breakfast Biscuits

My husband loves them! He said he was "pleasantly surprised" at how good they were and even keeps a stash at work now for a midday snack. As for the kids, overall is was a resounding "yes" in regards to the flavor. My youngest loved the strawberry, my other two went straight for the dark chocolate. My daughter did remark that they were a little too crispy for her, yet she still polished them off. I am in her camp, too. I tend to not like crispy biscuits or cookies, but once I dunked them in my morning coffee, I was good to go. 

Honey Bunches of Oats Breakfast Biscuits easy fast

Honey Bunches of Oats Breakfast Biscuits

Honey Bunches of Oats Breakfast Biscuits

I'm excited to use these as a perfect go-to snack on an upcoming road trip we are taking. I'm pretty sure these Honey Bunches of Oats Breakfast Biscuits will make a perfect "snack biscuit", too.

How do you make your busy mornings easier? 


Follow along:
 photo facebooksoft_zps2ca46363.png photo instagramsoft_zps234eaf53.png photo twittersoft_zps7e0a4b92.png photo emailsoft_zps2931cb4a.png photo pininterestsoft_zps05cdae05.png photo googleplus_zps1619805c.png photo tumblrsoft_zpsd813c422.png photo rsssoft_zpsaf899a58.png
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips