Happy Kids, Inc: The Day I Found Myself At Monster Jam
Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The Day I Found Myself At Monster Jam

By Meg Hodson

Well, I can honestly file this one under "I never thought I would.....". Last Saturday (on Valentine's Day no less!), I took my entire family to enjoy Monster Jam at the Moda Center in Portland, Oregon. I have a husband who had always wanted to go as a kid, but never did. I have two young boys, ages 9 and 6, who were definitely excited to go. And I have a daughter who, at the very least, was intrigued and interested to see what it was all about.

We started our visit to Monster Jam by attending the "Pit Party". In the arena, all the cars are lined up along with their drivers, offering photos and autographs. There were also ATV's with their drivers and Motocross bikes to check out, too. Was it dirty? It wasn't too bad....the dirt is more of a dirt/sand mix, so that was a pleasant surprise. 

Monster Jam Monster Trucks Portland Oregon Moda Center

Monster Jam Monster Trucks Portland Oregon Moda Center

I love the perspective the above photograph gives on just how big the Monster Jam monster trucks really are!

We had incredible seats to take in all the action. The monster trucks proceed through 4 event competitions: Wheelies, Race, Donuts, and Free Style. I'd have to say the Donut event was by far everyone's favorite. There was also an ATV competition, which was fun to watch as well. 


After the first two events (Wheelies and Race), the crowd was treated to Motocross daredevils, launching themselves on ramps, doing flips and other crazy stunts. This was by far my daughter's favorite part. 


I have to admit, this is good, clean (yet in the dirt!) family fun. We had a great afternoon at Monster Jam.


Follow along:
 photo facebooksoft_zps2ca46363.png photo instagramsoft_zps234eaf53.png photo twittersoft_zps7e0a4b92.png photo emailsoft_zps2931cb4a.png photo pininterestsoft_zps05cdae05.png photo googleplus_zps1619805c.png photo tumblrsoft_zpsd813c422.png photo rsssoft_zpsaf899a58.png
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips