Happy Kids, Inc: Back-To-School Made Easy With Del Monte
Monday, August 11, 2014

Back-To-School Made Easy With Del Monte

By Meg Hodson

This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Del Monte, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #DelMonteBTS  http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV

Who has gone back-to-school? My children actually don't begin until after Labor Day. And it works out great. Living in the Pacific Northwest, the month of August is usually a perfect, non-humid 80-90 degree stretch. We are still able to enjoy summer.  

But my children are also excited about school. My daughter, entering 5th grade, and my son, entering 3rd grade, are keenly aware of many things that are in store for them. They want to know who their teachers are, who will be in the class, and they are excited to buy all their school supplies. It's a little different story for my youngest son, who will be joining his older siblings at the same school as he begins kindergarten. I ask him if he is excited and there is not much emotion in him about it, he is very nonplus. I know once he gets there, all will be well and he will love it.

For me, I have had my highs and lows this summer with the kids on summer vacation. This has been the most challenging summer to date as I balance having them at home, my wedding business, and my growing blog. They really don't like it when Mom has to work too much and they are definitely not shy about expressing how they feel. But the highs have outweighed the lows. We've had some great trips to the beach and a wonderful family vacation to Central Oregon.

This school year is monumental: all 3 children will be at the same school and will be in class for a full day. While summer days have been hectic and noisy, there has also been joy. I am not sure I am going to like the house so quiet! As I start to game plan clothing, school supplies, and school lunches, it hits me how busy I am going to be! While the free time to get my work done while they are in school will be time well spent, mornings and afternoons are going to be hectic.

It's important to me to pack well-balanced school lunches for my kids. While I try to make everything from scratch for them, I am also realistic in knowing that is not always going to happen. Del Monte has a great new line of Fruit Burst Squeezers and mixed fruit cups that are super easy to tuck into lunch boxes. Best of all, there is a wide array of flavors, so you are sure to find one that your child will like.



I bought the Fruit Burst Squeezers in Blueberry, Mixed Berry, Strawberry, and Peach-Mango.  They can be hard to find (I was able to track them down at a Wal-Mart Supercenter near me). My kids' faves were the blueberry and mixed berry. I love that they are all 100% fruit with no added sugar. My kids love mandarin oranges, pineapple, and the other fruit in the fruit cups that I bought.  I only wished they had an option of no sugar added and not artificially sweetened on the cups.

Get your Del Monte lunch box essentials, too, with a great offer! You can receive a free back to school photo offer from select Walmart Super Store Print Shops with purchase from August 1 – September 13 while supplies last. If you participate in the free back to school photo offer, you will receive $1 off the purchase of (2) Del Monte 4-pack Fruit Cups or (2)Fruit Burst Squeezers (again offer is available from 8/1 to 9/13 while supplies last).



So, we are all ready for the new school year! Well, almost......




  photo facebooksoft_zps2ca46363.png photo instagramsoft_zps234eaf53.png photo twittersoft_zps7e0a4b92.png photo emailsoft_zps2931cb4a.png photo pininterestsoft_zps05cdae05.png photo googleplus_zps1619805c.png photo tumblrsoft_zpsd813c422.png photo rsssoft_zpsaf899a58.png
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips