Happy Kids, Inc: Let's "Skinny Up" Some Mojitos!
Monday, May 12, 2014

Let's "Skinny Up" Some Mojitos!

By Meg Hodson

This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group and Dr. Pepper Snapple Group, but all opinions are my own. #pmedia #flavorforless http://www.my-disclosur.es/OBsstV

It comes as no surprise to my readers that I love cocktails.  I am constantly trying to drum up new ways to create twists on favorite recipes.  When I create cocktails that are on the sweeter side, I am concerned with sugar content and trying to stay on the healthier side.

But it's fairly easy to indulge without sacrificing taste, as well as cutting down on the calories.  There are many easy ways to reduce the sugar and calorie content on popular cocktails.  One of my favorite ways is reduced calorie sodas.  There are many to choose from with lots of fun flavors, but I am picky!  I tend to avoid sodas with aspartame and the horrible aftertaste they produce.  I seek out ones with good flavor profiles with a good sweetness to them.

7-Up Ten

I recently discovered the new 7-Up Ten when I was doing some grocery shopping at Safeway.  I wasn't even shopping for soda!  I actually don't buy too much soda; it's usually only for parties and cocktails.  But I got inspired to create a new cocktail using this new soda.  

With summer fast approaching, I decided to focus on one of my favorite cocktails:  mojitos!  I seasonally grow mint in my yard, so it's easy to make mojitos a mainstay.  This recipe couldn't be easier and it comes in at under 100 calories!

7-Up Ten Skinny Mojitos

7-Up Ten Skinny Mojitos

Ingredients:

2 ounces white rum
7-Up Ten (about 8-10 ounces)
Fresh limes
2-3 mint leaves
Ice

In a pint glass, dice up 4-5 pieces of lime and tear the mint leaves.  Smash gently with a spoon or muddler. Fill the cup with ice and add the rum and 7-Up Ten.  Mix well and enjoy!

Visit the Just For U website for a coupon for a free 2 liter of any flavor of the TEN sodas.  Offer available 5/12-5/19 at Safeway and other stores.  Click here for the coupon.


If you like what you're reading, I invite you to follow my blog.  Cheers!
 photo facebooksoft_zps2ca46363.png photo instagramsoft_zps234eaf53.png photo twittersoft_zps7e0a4b92.png photo emailsoft_zps2931cb4a.png photo pininterestsoft_zps05cdae05.png photo googleplus_zps1619805c.png photo tumblrsoft_zpsd813c422.png photo rsssoft_zpsaf899a58.png
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips