Happy Kids, Inc: I'm A Mom of 3....And I Drive A Sedan!
Friday, October 4, 2013

I'm A Mom of 3....And I Drive A Sedan!

I still miss my VW Cabriolet that I got in college and drove for many years.  But eventually it became time to upgrade, even before I had children.  I stuck with Volkswagen and purchased a Passat.  I love it and have loved it for 10+ years.  It's roomy, comfortable, leather seats, V6, all wheel drive, you get the idea.

Well, along the way I got married and had kids.  Whoopee!  When I had my daughter, our first child, the crazy contraption that is an infant car seat fit wonderfully in the back seat of the Passat.  Perfect, bueno, thumbs up!  

2 years later I had my son.  So, it was the same infant seat now with a fairly sizable Britax Marathon toddler/child seat.  Again, both fit comfortably and perfectly in the backseat.

With a 4 and 2 year old, we had our third baby.  Amazingly, we were still able to make it work.  My daughter was on the taller side and was able to graduate to a booster seat.  So, the booster went in the middle, monster Britax on one side, infant seat on the other.  

I saw no sudden urge to upgrade to a larger car.  My husband would bring it up from time to time. "Would you ever drive a minivan?"  I would quickly answer "no" (with absolutely no offense to anyone who drives a minivan), that just wasn't for me.  My husband and I would even go to car shows and sit proudly in beautiful, huge Yukons and Suburbans.  While they were AMAZING, they just seemed so B-I-G.  It just didn't seem comfortable, not to mention the horrible gas mileage.

As you can probably guess, I love my car.  I've taken care of it and it's running great.  They are days when I am in and out of that car 10, 15, 20 times a day if it's particularly busy with errands, dance lessons, soccer practice, meeting friends.  I love that a sensible, mid-size, fairly hip car can meet mine and my family's needs.


If you like what you're reading, I invite you to follow my blog.  Cheers!
 photo facebooksoft_zps2ca46363.png photo instagramsoft_zps234eaf53.png photo twittersoft_zps7e0a4b92.png photo emailsoft_zps2931cb4a.png photo pininterestsoft_zps05cdae05.png photo googleplus_zps1619805c.png photo tumblrsoft_zpsd813c422.png photo rsssoft_zpsaf899a58.png

4 comments:

  1. I feel you. I had a Ford Focus for about 6-7 years and then it finally broke. So my husband replaced it with an older Mustang (wtf!!) and I had the Ford Fusion. Then he wanted something BIGGER. SO he traded the Fusion and got a Chevy Trailblazer. Although, our payments have dropped 60 $dollars... I now pay that in GAS! Ugh. Men are SO smart aren't they!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I just know if we ever did get a bigger car, I would just be stressed every time I filled up the tank!

      Delete
  2. What a big beautiful family you have. My hubby and I don't have kids yet, I'm not ready and I want to do a few more things first but I always think about how fun Christmas and other holidays would be when we do have kids.

    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, have some fun experiences and time with your husband before kids....I highly recommend it!

      Delete

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips