Happy Kids, Inc: What Does Value Mean To You?
Monday, March 18, 2013

What Does Value Mean To You?

No, I'm not talking about McDonald's or Taco Bell meals here.  I'm speaking of true value.  How do you define value?  What does it mean to you?

I've been thinking about the value of time a lot lately.  My children are 9, 7, and 4.  I read a quote recently that I will paraphrase here:  to treasure every chubby leg, kissable toes, every play time, every moment.  These thoughts are with me everyday as I am making a more concerted effort to value every moment with them.  

I don't want you to think that I am having to force myself to make this effort.  I'm simply more aware of it.  In our lives these days, it is so easy to get wrapped up in the rush of our everyday activities, to get impatient with our children at times.  But time does go so fast; it's important to appreciate the value of the precious time we have with our kids.

This has gotten me thinking of other ways to place more value in my life.  This might sound crazy, but I feel our country has devalued food.  Does anyone cook anymore?  I've made a true faith effort at home cooking meals 6 days a week (yes, we do pizza on Friday nights!). Yes, this does take some planning, but it is amazing what becomes of it.  Myself, as well as my family, are valuing food more.  They get excited about new recipes and take part in meal planning.  We are definitely eating healthier. There is more to eating than burgers, sandwiches, and tacos!

I could go on with many topics revolving around "value". But I'd love to hear from you.  What do you value? What in your life have you chosen to place more value on?  What do you think you (or people in general) don't value enough?  Let's chat!


If you like what you're reading, I invite you to follow my blog.  Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful post Meg and I am with you on valuing my family. I was working a lot on the weekends with my blog for a few months and realized that I wasn't giving enough time to my husband and kids a lot. Well, I have since changed that up and now try to get as much done later in the evenings during the week and during nap time, too. I realized balance was the key here. So I am truly with you on this one!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting post. In our home, we value, together time. With three kids, everyone wants to do different things so we come to a happy medium and try to do as much as we can together. Also, I am with you on cooking meals at home. I try to do at least 6 days a week too, but it does get difficult to plan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "treasure kissable toes" yes, i agree with you meg...sometimes in life, we get side-tracked with the things we thought is more valuable than the real valuables...one of my favorite quotes of all times is "the best things in life aren't things"...

    by the way, i've nominated you for liebster award, let's know each other even more..

    huggies♥
    rea

    ReplyDelete

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips