Happy Kids, Inc: Oscar 2013 Fashion Recap
Monday, February 25, 2013

Oscar 2013 Fashion Recap

Whew!  What a weekend it was!  Between our Celebrity Moms, our martini post, our blog hop, and our party on Twitter and Instagram, it was a BUSY weekend.  I got locked out of Twitter during the height of our Twitter party, so that was a little bit of a bummer.  But all in all, it was very fun!  I do have a little energy left in me to wrap up my favorite Oscar fashion picks.

1.  Reese Witherspoon.  She chose to wear a stunning royal blue Lous Vuitton gown.  Hollywood glamour oozed from her wavy locks and confident attitude.

2.  Halle Berry.  It doesn't seem like a lot of people liked Halle's dress, so I am purely going by my husband's reaction.  Thumbs up!
Halle Berry - Oscars 2013 Red Carpet

3.  Jessica Chastain.  She exuded old style Hollywood glamour with her wavy hair and glimmery gown.  Elegant and classic.


4.  Jennifer Aniston.  The media was essentially dissing Ms. Aniston on the red carpet, but I thought she looked classic in her Valentino gown and her hair was her style and personality.

Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux on the 2013 Oscars red carpet. (Image: Reuters)

5.  Jennifer Garner. I don't know if I was totally crazy about the excessive ruffles on the backside, but overall, the color and confidence of this look was wonderful.


6.  Kerry Washington.  People were quoted on Twitter as calling her look "old", but I thought it was classy and perfect Oscar fare. 


7.  Amy Adams.  I actually loved the muted hues and pastels that were on the carpet, too.  This gown worked for me (unlike other pastel hues that failed, like Anne Hathaway's gown).


I had a lot of fun this weekend.  If you have more comments on anything Oscar, please leave below or tweet with the hashtag #oscarhop.


If you like what you're reading, I invite you to follow my blog.  Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. twitter jail?! that's a lot of tweeting you'd have to do to get locked up ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I was a little upset. It stated you were limited to the 1,000 tweets (I wasn't even close), but it also said heavy tweeting in time of heavy volume could block you for awhile. I couldn't tweet early on in the show, then I was back; then, the last half hour or so, out again. I started using my daughter's profile!

      Delete
  2. Love the dresses! I've had a soft spot in my heart for awards shows since I went into labor during the golde globes :) Happy Monday! Thanks for stopping by...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Oscars picks are some of the best I've seen yet! I love it! I'm a new follower from the Thumping Thursdays following you on Google +!!

    ReplyDelete

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips