Happy Kids, Inc: Upscale Tailgating: Feta Dip!
Friday, February 1, 2013

Upscale Tailgating: Feta Dip!

By Meg Hodson

Want a recipe that is easy, upscale, and a crowd pleaser?

My husband and I throw football parties with close friends.  We usually invite everyone to bring a side dish to share.  So, over the years, I have perfected a few great side dishes and appetizers.  I am not the kind of host to just set out chips and salsa!  I don't see a football game as a reason to not go all out for high end, homemade appetizers.  I know the tendency is to go for dips to serve guests.  They are easy and can be deliciously homemade (think hummus and yummy Mexican bean dips).  I offer one up below that is a little different.  I have to tell you that even people that wouldn't call themselves a fan of feta LOVE THIS DIP!

Feta Dip
This is a VERY simple recipe!  I actually don't really measure anything when I am putting it together, so hopefully that will work for you.  This recipe was inspired here. I changed it up a little.  Here is what you will need:

--Crumbled feta (I like the large size I can get a Costco for a good price)
--Olive oil
--Oregano
--Garlic
--White pepper
--Parsley
--Chili powder
--Finely diced tomatoes (your pick of your favorite tomatoes)
--Green onion, finely chopped
--1-2 french baguettes, or other favorite, yummy bread (it is VERY important to have freshly baked, crusty, soft bread), sliced into 1 inch thick pieces

The feta I use from Costco is about 14 oz.  You can adjust the amount you need depending on the size of the crowd you are serving.  In a large bowl, add the feta and add the olive oil little by little until you have a thick consistency and the feta is sticking together slightly.  Be careful not to overdo the olive oil, as once you serve it, it will separate a bit (which is okay).

Then, add the spices (again, depending on how much feta you have used).  For the large feta from Costco, I use 1 tbl oregano, 1/2 tsp. chili powder, 1 tbl granulated garlic, 1 tsp white pepper, 1 tsp parsley, and 1/4 cup finely diced tomatoes and 2 stems of green onions.  Stir well and then transfer to a rimmed platter for serving.



If you like what you're reading, I invite you to follow my blog.  Cheers!


3 comments:

  1. Looks really yummy! Thanks for following! I'm following back!!

    xx,
    klee

    kisskissyklee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks yummy! Thank you for stopping by not done growing earlier! =)

    ReplyDelete

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips