Happy Kids, Inc: The Golden Globes: The Hits & Misses
Monday, January 14, 2013

The Golden Globes: The Hits & Misses

I love award shows.  I SOOO look forward to the award season, that kicks off with the Golden Globes.  I'ts about the love of fashion and the love of movies and t.v. (at least for me).  So, let's start off with the fashion hits and misses. (I'll have my winners hits and misses tomorrow).


HITS

Kerry Washington in Miu Miu
1. Kerry Washington.  She seemed confident and her style effortless as she walked the Globes in this iridescent, champagne colored dress.

Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Golden Globes

2.  Tina Fey.  I thought she looked amazing in her "Pantone color of the year" dress in emerald green.


3.  Claire Danes.  OK, she had a baby a month ago?  Doesn't matter what the dress was, she looks amazing!


4.  Halle Barry.  Is she ever not stunning?


5.  Sofia Vergara.  Sometimes black can be so "blah" on the red carpet, but not here.  Stunning!


6.  Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban.  They are super cute and oozing chemistry here.  Her dress was amazing and he looked dapper.

7.  Jessica Alba.  I love the classic dress in an untraditional color (peach) and a whimsical cluth (fur covered).

8.  Kate Hudson.  This dress is so her and her style; it's sexy without being "in your face" sexy.

MISSES


1.  Daniel Craig & Rache Wiesz.  I like them as a couple, but this dress is awful and unsophisticated. 


2. Helena Bonham Carter & Tim Burton.  You can still be quirky and have great style.  They do not.  Please brush your hair.


3.  Eva Longoria.  That slit is way too high.

4.  Michelle Dockery.  There is just way too much focus on the shoulders in this dress and not a good color balance.


5.  Lucy Liu.  I love her and I love Carolina Herrera (the designer), but this dress, while gorgeous, looks like wallpaper.







4 comments:

  1. Love these reviews! I agree :)
    And I love your blog design. I wish I could learn how to do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! The actual design graphics are done by Blogaholic Designs, and they are reasonably priced and she helps with the install if you need that help.

      For the tweeks of the site (the buttons, social icons, etc.), I occasionally share articles that are helpful. I also have a Pinterest board where I collect blog tricks and such: http://pinterest.com/megwbfavors/biz-tips-blogs-media-instagram/

      If you follow via GFC, you won't miss a thing. ;)

      Delete
  2. I liked Kate Hudson's dress, but I wish she would've pulled her hair up to show off that neck of the dress.

    Fun reviews!

    Warmly,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice idea, didn't think of that. I'm always so focused on the dresses and jewelry, I sometimes forget about the hair!

      Delete

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips