Happy Kids, Inc: Mama Needs A Pineapple Drop
Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Mama Needs A Pineapple Drop

There are lots of "drop" cocktails out there.  My all-time favorite is the Lemon Drop martini, and I make an absolutely drop-down fabulous one for parties.  I recently was at a martini bar with my husband and came across the Pineapple Drop.  I tend to love tropical drinks, so I gave it a try.  Yum!  But I didn't necessarily ask what was in the cocktail.  Darn, looks like some experimenting in the test kitchen at home.

I think the one I had was pretty basic:  vodka, pineapple juice, a splash of coconut rum.  But my recipe below brings a twist and "secret touch" that will leave you (or your guests) licking their martini glass.  And, of course, sometimes us mommies just need to take the edge off at the end of the night.


In a cocktail shaker, add ice and add the following:

1 oz. citrus or pineapple vodka
1 oz. Malibu rum
1/2 oz. amaretto
Squeeze of lemon juice, squeeze of lime juice
Splash of Campari

Shake well.  Wet rim of martini glass with a lemon and sugar.  Strain cocktail and serve.  




2 comments:

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips