Happy Kids, Inc: Mama Needs A Lemon Drop
Thursday, December 13, 2012

Mama Needs A Lemon Drop

I have unintentionally been creating a new column on the blog with my cocktail recipes.  I don't really know how I started experimenting with martini recipes, the ultimate margarita, a great punch for a kids party.....it just sort of happened.

My specialty is the Lemon Drop.  I love them, they are relatively easy to make, and they are a crowd pleaser.  The best part is I have a traditional version and low-carb/sugar free version that is quite fantastic.

Here's what you will need for the traditional recipe:

2 oz. citrus infused vodka
1/2 oz. triple sec or Cointreau
Freshly squeezed lemonade (if you can't make it fresh, I use the Newman's Own lemonade in a pinch)
Fresh lemons
Baker's sugar (extra fine)

In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add the vodka, triple sec/Cointreau, 2 oz. lemonade, squeeze some fresh lemon juice from a lemon into the shaker, a small spoonful of the baker's sugar, and a lemon slice.  Shake well.  Use a lemon wedge to rim a cocktail glass and dust the rim with the baker's sugar.  Strain from the cocktail shaker and enjoy.

Here's what you'll need for the low-carb/sugar free version:

2 oz. citrus infused vodka
1/2 oz. triple sec of Cointreau
Straight, unsweetened lemon juice (I use RealLemon)
Fresh lemons
Stevia (depending on how sweet you like it 2-3 tsp. or 4 packets; Truvia works great!)
Baker's sugar (extra fine)....if you want to go completely sugar free, omit this in the recipe

In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add the vodka, triple sec/Cointreau, 2 oz. lemon juice , squeeze some fresh lemon juice from a lemon into the shaker, the stevia, and a lemon slice.  Shake well.  Use a lemon wedge to rim a cocktail glass and dust the rim with the baker's sugar (omit this step if you want to remain completely sugar free).  Strain from the cocktail shaker and enjoy.

It may take a few times to sample with the stevia, to see what the right amount is for you.  I don't like mine too sweet, so adjust accordingly!



       

2 comments:

  1. Following you back via GFC, Bloglovin and Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following me! I'm following you on this blog and your other one. They are both really awesome! Thanks for the comment! I hope you win.

    www.thepreppylittlepolkadot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips